We are seeking to recruit a full time support worker that has the right values and attitudes to support our clients. We are a small family run business within the Romsey Hampshire area and the main ethos of our company is to help support our clients to learn to live as independently as possible. We have two small homes and have been successfully supporting young vulnerable autistic adults with learning disabilities within our local community for the past 8 years. We support our clients 24/7 with respect and dignity in all their needs and requirements. As a general guide duties may include some support with personal care, medication prompts as well as help our clients to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and well being. This could include support with arts and crafts, shopping trips, cooking, social events, cinema, bowling, general house hold tasks etc.
- Full company induction at the start of employment
- Full practical training with senior support workers
- Regular personal development reviews
- Opportunity for funded professional qualifications
- Opportunity for apprenticeships
- Supportive and friendly team atmosphere
REQUIREMENTSAn NVQ or similar qualification in health and social care desirable but not essential as training will be provided (both in-house training as well as a chance to gain professional qualifications). It is very important that you are interested in people and our dedicated to helping others & you have an empathetic approach to people regardless of their problems or disabilities. DBS check required (will be done as part of recruitment process for successful candidates).
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- To be able to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good listening skills
- An understanding of the emotional and practical difficulties a client may face
- The ability to follow support plans and risk assessments
- The ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
- Good written communication skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- A respect for client confidentiality
We have a competitive salary that is negotiable depending on experience.